Title: Junior Software Developer
Location: Columbia, Maryland (non-cleared, unclassified office)
Summary: We are a distributed team of software engineers specializing in the development and application of our own analytic software solutions for our customers. The Jr. Software Developer researches, designs, develops, test, integrates, documents, and enhances complex and diverse software systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; 1-3 years’ experience
US Citizenship, required
Ability to meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI Clearance
• Familiarity in a Linux and/or Windows Environment.
• Experience developing service APIs for external consumption.
• Proficiency with multiple operating systems.
• Working knowledge of web scraping and data mining.
• Desire to create interactive UI/UX components and data visualizations, distributed web platforms, and/or scaled back-end data architectures.
• Interest in processing intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and systems that incorporate data repositories, transport services, and application and system monitoring.
• Experience using software development and design methodologies appropriate to the research, development, and prototyping environment.
• Provides specific input to the software components of design, requirements analysis, and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Uses sound software engineering principles to ensure that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable and fault tolerant.
What it takes
• Innovating beyond what’s possible – that’s the way we like it.
• Desire to learn in an innovative field: cyber/threat intelligence, AI, ML, data analytics.
• Must be a fast learner.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
• Possession of excellent analytical skills.
• Desire to explore, learn, and build cool technologies; make mistakes and quickly learn along the way.
• Solid development foundation knowledge in more than one language or framework
• Be comfortable working from multiple locations, with our customers, and in our team environment.
• Self-driven and self-motivated; attention-to-detail and having a great attitude!
• Comfortable supporting your work in production.
• Take ownership of projects and drive them to completion.
• Problem solving in all areas of web development.
TeamWorx Security is an AA/EEO employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability.