Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Columbia, Maryland (non-cleared, unclassified office)
Summary: We are a distributed team of software engineers specializing in the development and application of our own analytic software solutions for our customers. Your expertise and contributions will help in our products direction, as well as deliver business critical functionality, and the development of new features. Our technical team is involved in all aspects of the development process ranging from dev-ops to deploying our machine learning solutions and building distributed backend systems. We have a full range of projects and technology to contribute to, and you will be able to guide all efforts on a daily basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; 3+ years of relevant experience
US Citizenship, required
Ability to meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI Clearance
• Provides hands-on technical design and implementation to automate application build and deployment solutions
• Automate, optimize and drive efficiency of this effort, code, and process
• Monitor the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure efficient build execution, and facilitate resolution of build/release failures.
• Design & implement DevOps Best practices, establish standards and policies for managing source code and continuous integration/delivery.
• Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
• Ensures security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions.
• Collaborate with development teams to help architect, configure, monitor, and support their services.
• Knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure, including networking, VPCs, VGWs, DNS. AWS preferred.
• Hands-on experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, GoCD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Experience with containerization (Docker, etc.) and container orchestration (Kubernetes, etc.) in deployment and operations
• Familiarity with general monitoring principles, as well as tools like Zabbix. New Relic. AppDynamics etc.