Website TeamWorx Security
An exciting place to work!
Title: Data Scientist
Location: Columbia, Maryland (non-cleared, unclassified office)
Summary: We are a distributed team of software engineers specializing in the development and application of our own analytic software solutions for our customers. Our Data Scientist will be able to translate complex technical concepts into clear communication for non-technical audiences. You will be working in a collaborative environment and be able to adjust to changing deadlines and priorities to accomplish the customer’s mission.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis or Engineering; 5+ years of experience in hands-on development
US Citizenship, required
Active TS/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
• Understand software development, data science, machine learning models, and NLP
• Demonstrated ability in selecting, developing, and applying machine learning and data mining algorithms.
• Working knowledge of modern large-scale data systems and architectures; ability to manage and manipulate large disparate data sets
• Experience and worked on projects related to ML/AI
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches and solutions
• Implementing appropriate machine learning algorithms
• Deep understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Experience in data visualizations (e.g. T-SNE, charts)
• Experience in large-scale data analysis (think >TBs of data)
• Proficiency with SQL (PostgreSQL)
• Proficiency with multiple operating systems
• Web scraping and data mining
• Creative interactive UI/UX components and data visualizations
• Working with Docker containers and VM