Title: Data Architect/Engineer
Location: Columbia, Maryland (non-cleared, unclassified office)
Summary: We are a distributed team of software engineers specializing in the development and application of our own analytic software solutions for our customers. Your expertise and contributions will help in our products direction, as well as deliver business critical functionality, and the development of new features. Our technical team is involved in all aspects of the development process ranging from dev-ops to deploying our machine learning solutions and building distributed backend systems. We have a full range of projects and technology to contribute to, and you will be able to guide all efforts on a daily basis.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering; 3+ years of experience in hands-on development
US Citizenship, required
Ability to meet eligibility requirements for a TS/SCI Clearance
• Designing big-data pipelines using Apache Spark and NiFi
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and how things fit together with modular design
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
• Deep understanding of relational databases and SQL
• Design, build, and scale data pipelines that consume data from and produce information into a number of backend storage technologies, including Kafka, Elasticsearch, Postgres, and AWS
• Familiarity with distributed datastores, such as HBase, Elasticsearch, and S3, and their application for storing and indexing massive datasets
• Experience in data visualizations (e.g. T-SNE, charts)
• Experience in large-scale data analysis (think >TBs of data)
• Proficiency with multiple operating systems
• Web scraping and data mining
What it takes
• Innovating beyond what’s possible – that’s the way we like it.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate complex technical issues effectively and appropriately for a wide range of audiences.
• Possession of excellent analytical skills
• Exceptional skills in statistics and programming
• Exploring, learning, and building cool technologies, making mistakes, and learning along the way
• Solid development foundation knowledge in more than one language or framework
• Be comfortable working from multiple locations, with our customers, and in our team environment
• Self-driven and self-motivated; Attention to detail and having a great attitude!
• Comfortable supporting your work in production
• Take ownership of projects and drive them to completion
• Problem solving in all areas of web development
TeamWorx Security is an AA/EEO employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability.